1 July 2018
invites manuscript submissions in the area of Novel Learning Applications and Services for Smart Campus.
In the past few years, the explosive growth in knowledge makes the role of education which spreads knowledge become increasingly important. Meanwhile, the education model is going through a transformation in which the learning of various students (e.g., students without disabilities, students with disabilities, students who are physically in classrooms, students who are geographically remote, students who learn quickly, students who learn slowly) needs to be performed in different ways. All these induce the smart campus, which implements education by incorporating various information and communication technologies in order to actively learn from and adapt to the needs of various students. Specifically, with smart campus, there are a lot of novel learning applications and services. One classic example is that the learning quality of students can be improved, via continuously monitoring and analyzing the status and activities of various students with information sensing devices (e.g., sensors) and information processing platforms (e.g., cloud computing platforms) to offer real-time learning feedback to various students.
Nevertheless, there are many challenges to be addressed for enabling such novel learning applications and services for smart campus. For instance, the accuracy in terms of sensing the status and activities of various students should be high. The data transmission between the information sensing devices and the information processing platforms should be secure. The learning feedback should be sent to various students quickly. The overall smart campus system should be energy efficient. Therefore, this Special Section in IEEE Access
aims to advance the novel learning applications and services for smart campus, by soliciting the technical articles with solid contributions which face the challenges to achieve the novel learning applications and services for smart campus. Survey articles are also considered.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures and systems for smart campus
- Standardization, policy, and regulation for smart campus
- Integration of various sensor technologies for smart campus
- Sensing for smart campus
- Reliable and robust communication for smart campus
- Computing for smart campus
- Data processing and analysis for smart campus
- Energy consumption for smart campus
- Security for smart campus
- Quality of experience and quality of service for smart campus
- Outlook on applications and services for smart campus
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Lei Shu, Nanjing Agricultural University, China & University of Lincoln, UK
Relevant IEEE Access Special Sections:
- Han-Chieh Chao, National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
- Jason Yi-Bing Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Odej Kao, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Chunsheng Zhu, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Zumin Wang, Dalian University, China
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief:
- The New Era of Smart Cities: Sensors, Communication Technologies and Applications
- Intelligent Systems for the Internet of Things
- Key Technologies for Smart Factory of Industry 4.0
Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org