31 December 2018
invites manuscript submissions in the area of Cyber-Physical Systems.
Recent years have witnessed the increasing synergy between the computational technologies and physical components. A Cyber-Physical System (CPS) is composed of a collection of devices interacting with each other and communicating with the physical world. It integrates computation and communication aspects together with control and monitoring techniques. Various CPS applications can be found in almost all areas of human life, such as manufacturing systems, smart grids, robotics, transportation systems, medical devices, military, home area networks and smart buildings, etc.
The aim of this Special Section in IEEE Access is to discuss recent advances of the design, modeling, specification, analysis, verification and application merits of CPS. Such aspects involve interdisciplinary fields of science, thus the following wide range of topics is covered (but not limited to):
Control techniques of CPS:
- Control systems, concurrent control systems, automatic control and robotics.
- Distributed and networked control systems.
- Control algorithms and methodologies.
Design, analysis and verification of CPS:
- Design methodologies of CPS.
- Model-based design, including Model-Driven Development, Unified Modeling Language (UML, SysML), etc.
- Mixed-signal design.
- Concurrency modeling and analysis, including Petri net-based systems.
- Optimization techniques.
- Verification and validation techniques, including formal verification methods.
- Performance evaluation.
- Integrated tool suits for CPS design, analysis and verification.
Software and hardware aspects of CPS:
- Computation models, including mathematical descriptions and models.
- Cloud computing.
- Real-time systems, including real-time sensing and computing.
- Embedded systems.
- Programmable devices, including logic synthesis and implementation methods.
Networking in CPS:
- Networked embedded systems.
- Wireless sensor networks.
- Internet of things, including aspects of designing, organization and implementation.
Applications of CPS:
- Autonomous, adaptive and cooperative CPS.
- Mobile, wearable, and implantable CPS in healthcare.
- Cognitive CPS with perception, learning, and optimal decision making.
- Reference architectures for various application domains.
- Smart grids, power generation and distribution, power systems.
- Smart cities, home area networks (HANs).
- Manufacturing, flexible manufacturing systems, smart factories, Industry 4.0.
- Reconfigurable control systems (including distributed and integrated systems).
- Dependable CPS (cryptology, security algorithms, security aspects).
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Remigiusz Wisniewski, University of Zielona Gora, Poland
- Grzegorz Benysek, University of Zielona Gora, Poland
- Luis Gomes, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Dariusz Kania, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
- Theodore Simos, University of Peloponnese, Greece
- MengChu Zhou, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
Relevant IEEE Access Special Sections:
- Security Analytics and Intelligence for Cyber Physical Systems
- Big Data Analytics in Internet-of-Things And Cyber-Physical System
- Data-Driven Monitoring, Fault Diagnosis and Control of Cyber-Physical Systems
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief:
Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: R.Wisniewski@iee.uz.zgora.pl