28 February 2018
invites manuscript submissions in the area of Advanced modeling and control of complex mechatronic systems with nonlinearity and uncertainty.
Various complex mechatronic systems are widely applied in industries such as robotics, micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), motor or hydraulic driven equipment. And the control technology is the key issue for mechatronic systems to achieve the good performance. However, for those complex mechatronic systems, mechanism nonlinearities and uncertainties (e.g., internal uncertainties, external unstructured environments, and undesired disturbances) are much more obvious and lead to the significant negative effects. Thus, the effective modeling, identification and dynamic analysis are necessary for complex mechatronic systems with nonlinearity and uncertainty. And the model-based advanced control designs such as adaptive control, robust control, sliding-mode control, backstepping control, H-infinite control, etc. are the corresponding solutions to improve the system performance. Contributions from industry applications are particularly encouraged, and both theoretical and experimental works are welcome.
The main objective of this Special Section in IEEE Access
is to report the recent theoretical and technological achievements on advanced modeling and control of various complex mechatronic systems with nonlinearity and uncertainty. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Modeling and identification of mechatronic (e.g., robotics, MEMS, motor actuation, hydraulic actuation) systems
- Nonlinear dynamic analysis of complex mechatronic systems
- Model-based advanced control of complex mechatronic systems, such as adaptive control, robust control, sliding-mode control, backstepping control, H-infinite control, etc.
- Nonlinear observer design and observer-based control for complex mechatronic systems
- Precision motion control of mechatronic systems with nonlinearity and uncertainty
- Robust fault diagnosis, fault isolation and fault tolerant control in complex mechatronic systems
- Active vibration control in complex mechatronic systems
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Zheng Chen, Zhejiang University, China
Relevant IEEE Access Special Sections:
- Ya-Jun Pan, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Weichao Sun, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Tao Wang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Cong Wang, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief:
- Learning Systems Based Control and Optimization of Complex Nonlinear Systems
- Advanced Control and Health Management for Aircraft and its Propulsion System
- Trends and Advances for Ambient Intelligence with Internet of Things Systems
Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org