Submitting an Article
Article acceptance requirements
The criteria for an article to be accepted for publication include:
- The article should be original writing that enhances the existing body of knowledge in the given subject area. Original review articles and surveys are acceptable, even if new data/concepts are not presented.
- Results reported have not been submitted or published elsewhere (although expanded versions of conference publications are eligible for submission).
- Experiments, statistics, and other analyses are performed to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail.
- Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
- The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in Standard English.
- Appropriate references to related prior published works must be included.
Types of submissions that are highly encouraged
- Interdisciplinary topics, or applications-oriented articles that don’t fit within the scope of traditional journals
- Practical articles describing interesting solutions to engineering or information system design challenges
- Development of new or improved fabrication or manufacturing techniques
- Articles reporting new experimental or measurement techniques, including negative results
- Reviews or surveys of new or evolving fields aimed at increasing others’ understanding of these emerging topics, however, tutorials are not allowed.
Do you need to meet an open access (OA) publishing requirement?
Authors using government research funding or university consortium funding may be required to publish in OA journals. IEEE Access offers these authors a broad-scoped alternative to the more narrowly focused IEEE fully Open Access topical journals.
Speed up submission time with IEEE templates
Below are some useful links to assist authors to publish with IEEE Access:
- Article Templates and Instructions (Use the “Transactions Articles” template)
- Multimedia Submission Guidelines
IEEE Author digital tools
- Manuscript as a PDF in double column, single-spaced format
- Manuscript keywords
- Biographies of all listed authors
- Opposed reviewers (if any)
- Multimedia video (if any)
- If the article was previously rejected after peer review with encouragement to update and resubmit, then a complete “list of updates” must be included in a separate document. The list of updates should have the following regarding each comment: 1) reviewers’ concerns, 2) authors’ response to the concerns, 3) actual changes implemented.