31 December 2016
invites manuscript submissions in the area of Recent Advances on Modelling, Optimization and Signal Processing Methods in Vehicle Dynamics and Crash-worthiness.
Due to the large growth in transport industries, the importance of interactions between vehicle technology and human from the safety aspect plays an important role in the new developments of complex vehicle systems. Therefore, from academia and industrial point of views, more attention has been paid on complex vehicle correlative technologies with fully consideration of issues like safety, robust performance, impact analysis, optimization, automation, motion control, etc. All aforementioned issues provide a basis for the design and operation of practical vehicle systems in order to achieve desired complex tasks.
The primary objective of this Special Section in IEEE Access
is to provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange their latest achievements and to identify critical issues and challenges for future investigation on mathematical-based or computer-aided modelling, optimization and signal processing techniques in vehicle dynamics and crash-worthiness. Based on this focus the special issue would be of interest for readers in terms of having a good summary over the field of vehicle dynamics and crash-worthiness in this special section.
The articles to be published in this Special Section in IEEE Access
are expected to provide the latest results in advanced modelling, optimization, signal processing, control approaches and software developments for vehicle dynamics analysis at various vehicle crash scenarios, for instance vehicle to vehicle or vehicle to rigid barriers, to enhance safety in road transportations. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following research areas:
- Mathematical modelling of vehicle crash dynamics
- Data-based modelling for vehicle crash
- Optimization of vehicle crash models based on sensor data
- Signal processing advances related to vehicle crash dynamics
- Computer-aided analysis for safety and crash assessments
- Structural response analysis in crash mode
- Intelligent solutions for vehicle crash
- New developments in vehicle crash test apparatuses
- Recent developments on impact analysis for vehicle systems
- Advanced control and driving assistance system assessment
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Hamid Reza Karimi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
1. Dario Vangi, Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
2. Hermann Steffan, Technische Universitaet Graz, Austria
3. Junmin Wang, The Ohio State University, USA
4. Kalyana Veluvolu, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
IEEE Access Editor in Chief:
Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: Bora M. Onat, Managing Editor, IEEE Access
(Phone: (732) 562-6036, email@example.com