Submission Deadline: 20 September 2016
IEEE Access invites manuscript submissions in the area of Industry 4.0.
Industry 4.0 is a recently emerging buzzword that gains significant interest among all stakeholders of the global industry-related R&D market from the academia to worldwide companies. It is a typical business that attracts everyone yet the definitions are not very matured. It is an amazing melting pot of disruptive technologies with easy grip to put it on the flag.
No doubt, to maximize the impact of Industry 4.0, researchers from different fields and industrial people have to work shoulder to shoulder applying the awesome inventions in practice. On the top of the wave, it is timely to analyze who will benefit from the novel achievements and how.
With defining the scope of the Special Section in IEEE Access, we also make an attempt to grasp the main directions within Industry 4.0. Arbitrary mixtures of the following topics are welcome in form of original research, survey or epistemological works.
1. Utilization of the latest mechatronics in manufacturing processes
2. Extensive data collection and storage
3. Big Data analytics
4. Feedback to industrial processes
5. Support of human
6. Technology-based support of high added value processes in management and design
7. New challenges of security
Researchers, engineers and all representatives of academia and industry are encouraged to submit their articles and contribute to the progress of Industry 4.0. This is a very trending topic, since billions of public and private funding are available for industrial innovation naturally related to Industry 4.0.
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Associate Editor: Shun-Feng Su, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
1. Imre J. Rudas, Óbuda University, Hungary
2. Jacek M. Zurada, University of Louisville, USA
3. Meng Joo Er, Nanyang Technology University, Singapore
4. Jyh-Horng Chou, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Taiwan
5. Daeil Kwon, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
IEEE Access Editor in Chief: Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Paper submission: Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: Bora M. Onat, Managing Editor, IEEE Access (Phone: (732) 562-6036, email@example.com)