1 August 2017
invites manuscript submissions in the area of Advanced Signal Processing Methods in Medical Imaging.
Medical Imaging is a technique to create visual representations of the interior of the body, with the aim of making accurate diagnosis and optimized treatments. Many medical imaging techniques are widely used to produce images, such as computer tomography (CT), ultrasound (US), positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)/functional MRI (fMRI).
Manual interpretation and analysis of medical images is tedious and prone to error, causing overlooked, slight lesions that occasionally result in misdiagnosis. It is critical to develop advanced signal processing methods for a wide range of low-level (image reconstruction, contrast enhancement, image segmentation, etc.) and high-level applications (interpretation, classification, and grading of image findings in diagnoses, and the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of treatment) in medical imaging for accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment. These applications need novel, advanced techniques in the areas of, but not limited to, computer vision, artificial intelligence/machine learning/pattern recognition, and evolution algorithm and optimization.
This Special Section in IEEE Access aims to collect a diverse and complementary set of articles that demonstrate new developments and applications of advanced signal processing in medical imaging. It will help both physicians and radiologists in the image interpretation, and help technicians to exchange the latest technical progresses. These topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Medical imaging modalities (CT and low dose CT, X-ray, ultrasound, PET, SPECT, MRI, MRSI, DTI, fMRI, Hyper-spectrum, etc.)
- New Algorithms, models and applications of advanced signal processing methods using
- Computer vision
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning/pattern recognition (e.g., Perceptron, Bayesian network, support vector machine, fuzzy logic, etc.)
- Wavelet transform
- Deep learning
- Chaos theory
- 3D Bio-printing
- Smart and interactive medical system
- Global optimization and evolutionary algorithm
- Metaheuristics and swarm intelligence
- Fractional Signal Processing
- Medical security
We also highly recommend the submission of multimedia with each article as it significantly increases the visibility, downloads, and citations of articles.
Yudong Zhang, Nanjing Normal University, China
IEEE Access Editor-in-Chief:
- Yin Zhang, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, China
- Zhengchao Dong, Columbia University, USA
- Ti-Fei Yuan, Nanjing Normal University, China
- Liangxiu Han, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Ming Yang, Nanjing Children’s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, China
- Carlo Cattanti, University of Tuscia, Italy
- Huimin Lu, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
Michael Pecht, Professor and Director, CALCE, University of Maryland
Contact Associate Editor and submit manuscript to:
For inquiries regarding this Special Section, please contact: Bora M. Onat, Managing Editor, IEEE Access
(Phone: (732) 562-6036, firstname.lastname@example.org